The Harris 189-2 heating and soldering torch is designed to operate with natural gas (0,015 bar or more) or propane in combination with 3 to 7 bar of compressed air only. The 189-2 is completely automatic. Once adjusted to the proper flame, the pilot light can be retained during down time and full flame returned instantly by pressing the hand lever. The pilot light can be enlarged to a full "smoothing on" secondary flame when used for soldering.
The tip can be positioned in any direction.
- Large area soft soldering
- Preheating castings for welding
- Heating pipes in chemical plants
- Mould drying
- Metal cleaning (Brewery, Vats, Rubber Mould, etc.)
- Burning paint
- Heating forming dies prior to hard facing
Stress relieving die shoes
Brazing Tip: 81-12