Hypertherm's best selling plasma system has just got better. Meet the Powermax 45 XP, the newest member of Hypertherm's most popular line of plasma systems. The Powermax 45 XP replaces its predecessor and delivers an increased cut capacity - up to 16mm (5/8") metal, as well as faster cut speeds, and gas adjustment for quick, simple setup and operation. Plasma cutting efficiency is 11% better than its predecessor, enabling you to cut more steel with less power, in less time, while also being 14% lighter. The new Duramax Lock torches are available in handheld and mechanised configurations, along with enhanced gouging and new metal marking capabilities.
Easy to use
- Small size and light weight provide exceptional portability for a 16 mm (5/8") rated cutting system
- Patented drag-cutting technology makes the Powermax45 XP easy to use – even for first-time operators
- Smart Sense™ technology ensures that air pressure is always correctly set
- CNC interface and FastConnect™ torch connection allows both handheld and mechanized operation
- A wide range of torch styles to choose from for both handheld and automated processes
- Extensive array of application capabilities via specialty consumables for fine feature cutting, extended reach cutting, precision gouging, and marking
- Finish jobs faster, with cut speeds 1.5 times greater than oxyfuel on 6 mm (1/4") mild steel
- Superior cut and gouge quality reduces time for grinding and edge preparation
- New torch disable switch feature allows faster, easier changeout of consumables
The Powermax45® XP plasma system is an ideal tool for many widely used metal marking applications, including:
- Part identification numbers
- Score lines for weld or bend placement
- Dimples for drilling applications
Specifically designed to provide a stable, low current plasma arc using the precision gouging nozzle and marking shield, the system can make high quality marks using a handheld or machine torch, with either air or argon as a gas source.